The Ten Greatest Things I’ve Ever Done, Chronologically
• Managed to find the most perfect best friend for me and love her immutably for nearly 30 years
• Came in second to said best friend in both of our elementary school spelling bees (losing on the words convertible and monstrous, and she’s such a good best friend that she never brings up how much better she is than me) but went on to win basically everything ever in school after that
• Loved my mom through her year-long battle with brain cancer–during which she lost the ability to speak, write, and eventually even recognize her family–but came out of the ordeal being much closer to my dad
• Spent an extra year at The Ohio State University to write a senior thesis in narrative nonfiction about my feeeeeeeeeelings
• Moved to NYC with one box of possessions and $3,000 to my name and made it WORK
• Won a poetry contest based on a six-word piece about my mom’s meatloaf
• Learned to appreciate the farm in Ohio that I came from
• Somehow cultivated amazing taste in food/music/film/fashion despite growing up on said farm
• Started a photography business on nothing but the love of it and the support of my ex-boyfriend
• Cut my hair super-short before leaving for vacation in Puerto Rico last week. The haircut is really the entire purpose of this post. It was such a good decision that the rest of my accomplishments pale.
You? Tell me in the comments, or better yet, on your own blog.