I’m probably the last person you’d ask about makeup and periods and styling your hair. I’ve literally never worn liquid foundation a day in my life, and the one time I wore liquid eyeliner, a co-worker said, “Oh, my gosh, Katie, something’s wrong with your eyes! Go look in the mirror!”
BUT PAY ATTENTION TO ME, ANYWAY. Here are my five very best “beauty” products of the moment:
1) Ecotools Recycled Retractable Kabuki Brush: I’ve tried other brushes in the past, and this is the first one that I’ve actually thought was soft enough for my delicate ladyskin. It’s big enough to take out an entire cheek in one pass, and I absolutely love that it has a cap so I can throw it in a makeup bag instead of having to keep it sitting out in my way-too-small-to-have-a-bunch-of-brushes-sitting-out apartment.
2) CoverGirl Fresh Complexion Pocket Powder Foundation: I have nightmares about this stuff being discontinued. It makes my skin so soft and smooth I can’t understand why anyone would ever wear liquid foundation. Other powders let too much oil shine through by the end of the day, but I can go out after work wearing this and not feel like it’s trying to slide off my skin.
3) Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Curls and Waves Shampoo: I have really fine hair, and this stuff weighs it down like crazy. BUT, I guess because it’s full of moisturizers, it makes the perfect body wash. It seriously keeps my skin from ever feeling dry from one shower to the next in a way that actual body washes never did.
4) Elf Studio Blush Brush: my other super-soft brush. I use this one for powdering around my nose and eyes, where the Ecotools brush won’t reach.
5) 24.7 Minerals Anti-Aging Foundation Primer: I only learned about this stuff a couple of months ago from Gallimaufry & Minutiae, and it has changed my life. Not only does it keep my face nice and oil-free during my wild and crazy nights in New York City, but it makes my skin so smooth and soft that I sometimes go without any makeup at all.
What do you recommend?